Welcome to DiTerry.com
Born in Manchester living in the Pennines
Diana’s paintings and prints encourage viewers to look beyond the brushstrokes, considering the narrative between humanity and the environment. The artists’s background in ceramics helps to inform the vibrant textured surfaces that resonate with the land, evoking the deep geological memories ingrained in the rocks, hills and dales of the Pennines.
Her current work starts with walking and memorising being in wild places and the experiences of being in the outdoors. She captures these places on site observing and drawing. Working quickly means that these sketches have an immediacy which she carries on into the studio.
She paints primarily in oil, but combine this with a variety of other media such as gesso, mediums, inks and sometimes collage elements. She enjoys the process of developing areas as they emerge, rubbing back and building up, scratching into the surface and working with tools beyond the brushes, from palette knives and sponges to drawing implements, creating diversity in the mark-making.
Her work is in very popular having sold out at several solo shows.She is represented in both private and public collections in the UK, USA. and New Zealand. She has exhibited in London, Manchester and Scotland
The studio is in a Victorian cotton mill in the Pennines. OL5 9RR.
- 2020 October Chester Cathedral, group exhibition
- 2020 April Pennine Painters, Saddleworth Art Gallery, Solo exhibition. https://www.saddleworthmuseum.co.uk cancelled
- 2019 November-December selected for the first Manchester Open exhibition hosted at Home Gallery https://homemcr.org
2019 October- November selected for the Open exhibition at Gallery Oldham and for purchase for their collection
- 2019 June-September invited to have a solo exhibition at a lovely gallery in Settle, North Yorkshire. http://www.studiovault.co.uk
- 2018 August Invited to be an artist/research at Wellcome Trust, London. https://www.wellcome.ac.uk
- 2018 July ongoing, Saul Hay Gallery, Castlefield, Manchester. Gallery artist. https://www.saulhayfineart.co.uk
- 2018 July-August Twice as Nice, Tripytch, Diptych and Polytych, Mirabel Gallery, Manchester. https://www.psmirabel.co.uk
- 2018 March, The Mall Gallery, London. Annual exhibition of Royal Society of British Artists https://www.royalsocietyofbritishartists.org.uk
- 2017 October/November, Gallery Oldham, Open exhibition. Selected for purchase to the permanent collection
- 2018 November-January 2019. Millgate Arts Centre, Saddleworth, Solo exhibition. https://www.millgateartscentre.co.uk
- 2018 October-January 2019 The Atkinson, Southport, Group Exhibition with WSA. https://www.theatkinson.co.uk
- 2013-8 every year July-September, Liverpool Art Fair, Pier Head. https://www.liverpoolartfair.com
- 2018 March-December, Our eARTh, Friends of the Earth, Kunsthius Gallery, Crayke, North Yorkshire. https://wwwkunsthiusgallery.com
- 2017 selected for membership of the Wirral Society of Arts, The Williamson, Birkenhead, http://www.wirralsocietyarts.org
- 2017 March Saddleworth Edges, Saddleworth Museum, solo exhibition
- 2016 December Bargehouse, Oxo Tower, South Bank, London.
- 2016 December Dean Clough Art Fair, Halifax.
- 2016 October, Art Battle Manchester, London Road Fire Station.
- 2016 May The Dark Side. Liverpool Light Night: 104 Street artist run studios.
- 2015/16/17 Gallery artists exhibition, Colin Jellicoe Gallery, Manchester.
- 2015 September On the Edge Gallery Oldham, solo exhibition
- 2013 Passers By, Brownhill Centre, Saddleworth. solo exhibition
Education and Qualifications:
2007 MPhil. University of Manchester, School of Humanities.
1985 MA University of Liverpool, School of Architecture